October 18, 2009

The Advisor

The Words:

freedom, character, wisdom, knowledge, honesty, indebtedness, truth, trust, life, achievements, goals.

**

"It begins with trust. All things begin with trust!"

"I disagree. Things begin because they begin. And things only begin if one has freedom to do so."

"Ah but nothing is really free! People depend on truth and knowledge. When a country declares independence, for example, they declare it from a set of rules to another given set of rules. There will always be rules. Even Anarchy has a rule: no government! But the difference is, when people are setting out to claim these rules, they are doing it out of the need for truth to prevail, and knowledge to proliferate."

"Then why isn't there more honesty in this world? Why aren't I more honest? Why do I feel like I am living a life where achievement is only gained through a bunch of lies? Why do I have to be corrupted to reach whatever batch of goals I might have?"

"Because you are afraid. You feel as if being a manipulated character is the only way to reach the top. But truth is, that top is really not a top. It's the bottom."

"No it's not... the bottom is ME. The bottom is truthful people like me sitting in limbo, unable to whip up schemes and lies, unable to cope with the cream of the crop which is actually fermentation of the lowest dirt you can find on this planet. But no,they RULE the world. They MAKE things happen. And I? I just sit here, thinking, wondering, appalled and utterly sickened by the wisdom they preach on... How do you expect me to have a whisper of indebtedness towards this world? How do you expect me to live like I have to give back? How can you call THEM the bottom when I am the one that doesn't CARE anymore?"

"If you didn't care, you wouldn't be here."

"Oh spare the circle talk. You have it easy don't you? Sitting in your chair, examining my tortured presence, making a mental note to bring me something next time to occupy my thoughts... what do you know anyway?"

"That I was, or even am, like you."

"Oh yeah? What made you go sane?"

"I became an Advisor."

**

3 comments:

chupacavraz said...

I loved this one, K. Soooo goooodddd

Sarah said...

*laughs*

I like this one. How could I not?
and I love the ending :p

Note on a whim: why "aren't"? Is there not an "amn't" in existence? I use it in speech all the time!

Sarah said...

You know,
this savors of conversations I have with my father, haha.