October 24, 2009

Confessions of a Doodler

The Words:

bogus, tight, curls, scribble, salmon, had, worshiped, machinery, holistic, genealogy, lambasted


**

My fingers constantly move. Seriously. Like machinery switched on and never stopped. And no, it's not a trait in my grandiose genealogy. What is it with people and chromosomes? Anyway, it isn't some bogus, long named disorder either... a holistic doctor might relate it to some stupid stress outlet theory, but I don't believe in theories, sorry.

See, for me, it started a whole new world. I was playing with my pencil in first grade and the teacher was droning on about something. Yes, even back then, I got bored. And no, I didn't ever take pills for ADHD. Cripes, the associations you all make these days. But anyway, I was playing with my pencil and it magically occurred to me that I could make lines:



Then I saw the girl with the tight Shirley Temple curls and I drew this:



Then I realized I could also scribble, like this:



See the dragon eye?

And so now, I doodle constantly. I take notes in doodles. Guess what this means:



Yeah, salmon swim upstream. That was from a 4th grade notebook by the way. Don't worry, I'm not THAT kooky.

But what got you all lambasting me was the fact that I forgot the paper I had worshiped for eons and moved on to walls.

Yes, walls. Big, wide, open spaced, disgustingly empty walls.

And you, mister cop, call my art vandalism.

I promise. I am just a doodler. I mean no harm. Dammit, I was born for this. See how my fingers are never still? See?

1 comment:

Kris, Selinda and Kristopher said...

A very interesting arrangement for a bunch of mismatched words I gave you. It also flowed cohesively and had a great idea. The artwork played well into the story and I enjoyed how the speaker presented it all to the audience. It felt like a live presentation. Only words I didn't much like that you used were "Cripes,""Mister Cop" and "vandalism"; they somehow to me didn't ring true but maybe that's just me. The introductory paragraph was the strongest part. It has a very engaging setup. Overall, it's A work.