October 15, 2009

A Sonnet For Taken

The Words:

azure, balmy, clarity, deference, evanescent, flicker, gadfly, haunting, illness, jovial, kisses

Lady, forgive me: this gadfly haunting
Your evanescent presence that flees me.
Can you not sense this illness rage, writhing
In deference at your feet? Do you see

How the heart twitches and the mind bickers
As you tread the sand in balmy sunset
With your wraps and flops and tiny knickers?
Oh how do you make men (who need!) forget?

But imagine this: me + You, jovial,
Sipping two cocktails, a soothing massage,
Or laying under this azure, idle,
Painting with kisses a body collage.

Alas, I am seeking a lost reverie
For, look! A diamond flickers in clarity.

**

Note: Shakespearean style!

**

Grade: A+

3 comments:

freshjiva. said...

A-. Your best one yet, in my opinion. I especially like the third stanza ;)

chupacavraz said...

A+. Bonus points for Shakespearean sonnet and use of the word "knickers". Well done, K :)

Lily Tinge said...

**melts with giggles**

Knickers!!!