November 13, 2009

Addiction

Kim's nose broke her fall, A pairing knife accident gone worse, the human torch was denied a bank loan, my shoes are wet, Nutella is addictive, I am going to jog that off, 1 2 3 4..., a dog's wet nose, Fading black jacket, cough cough, ...5 6 7 8.

**

My shoes are wet. Shoes are supposed to be wet sometimes, but I am not supposed to know. I am not supposed to feel it. Just like I am not supposed to feel a donut disappear the instance I think "I am going to jog it off." But things are addictive. Nutella is addictive. A dog's wet nose on your cheek is addictive. Dance counts starting from ...5, 6, 7, 8 and silently continuing to 1, 2, 3, 4... is addictive.

Watching a pairing knife accident gone wrong on Top Chef is addictive. Or Kim's nose breaking her fall on the Kardashians. Or quoting Burgundy's "The human torch was denied a bank loan" for attention. Addictive.

But it's overused, addiction. It's manipulated and trashed. It's the faded black coat that everyone wears and the *cough, cough* a grandmother falsifies after someone utters "whore."

It's all shameless sham.

And my shoes are still wet.

1 comment:

Luis Rios said...

That was great! Certainly a feat considering that they were mostly phrases and the length of the piece in general. A+!