November 20, 2009

Dog Accident

The Words:

cheese, dog, jaguar, pencil, jukebox, hemi, pontiac, popcorn, clipper, shifter, ambulance

**

The ambulance wailed. He opened his eyes and decided that he was in one after all.

Dog. Stupid dog. I should have killed the dog, he thought.

Mart hurried through the hidden flap, crushing littered prpcorn under his four legs.

"Rad... hey Rad! I think I just killed a guy..."

Rad was the largest mutt of the batch. He stood lazily, and if it weren't for the fact that all of them were pencil thin, he might have been somewhat handsome.

"Killed?"

Pawing nervously at old cheese stuck on the cracked floor, Mart fumbled "Umm, yeah... He... I... I was crossing the road and heis pontiac came by faster than I thought it would... and he slammed the brakes and I ... froze... and he hit the pole instead."

"You froze. YOU froze. What are you, hemi-daft? Good going Mart..."

"Rad I--"

"Shut up. Jaguar, you and Shifter, find out where the ambulance is. Rest of you, scram."

"Rad, I'm so--"

"Let's cut the crap. If you killed the man, you're out of the Jukebox. If you didn't, good for you Mart. Those bastards have killed enough of us."

"Dammit Rad, it was his fau--"

"That's not what the K-9 shepards are gonna to ask. That's not what I asked either. Now, scram. Jaguar will find you at sunrise. And watch out for The Clipper."

No comments: