November 14, 2009

Rewritten

The Words:

good as gold, paradise, enchanted, sing-a-long, happiness, create, lovely, cottage, literature, river, rejoice

**

"Think this. Pastoral scene. An enchanted cottage. A lovely bank by the river."

"Oh cut it out... do you really have to do this--"

"Shh. Just LISTEN. Put a girl with an evil mother. Have her find an enchanted cottage. Create a paradise she is trying to reach. Insert complications--"

"Come on Jason... I am not going to rewrite Cinderella. What else do you want me to twist? Have little trolls rejoice and sing-a-long instead of mice--"

"You DON'T understand. You're in the PUBLISHING world now. You have to keep WRITING. One book doesn't secure you. More. You need two more. As brilliant a piece of literature as your first, and you're good as gold. I promise."

"Promise... ha. You can't promise happiness."

"I never did."

"I guess it's always about money, isn't it?"

"Only if you think about it too much."

No comments: